Brick X Brick is a monthly conversation series focused on the building blocks of thriving communities. Each conversation will feature three speakers and provide time for question and Answer. All are invited to attend and engage in conversation about Albion’s past, present, and future.
Conversation 1: Why Should We Bother? March 25 | 4:30 – 5:30pm
During this conversation, we will discuss why it is important to invest in Albion and similar small communities. Why is now the time to double down on our local economies and invest close to home?
- Jason Duff, Founder & CEO of Small Nation
- Dr. Mathew Johnson, President of Albion College
- Haley Snyder, City of Albion City Manager
Conversation 2: Role of Anchor Institutions in Community Revitalization April 22, 2021 | 4:30pm – 5:30pm
During this conversation, we will discuss the role of large institutions (colleges, healthcare systems, large employers) in community revitalization. How can we cultivate positive relationships between institutions and communities for the best?
- Raymond Barclay, Chief Planning Office, Albion College
- Shane Williamson, Acting Director, Albion Community Foundation
- Dustin McClellan, Founder / CEO, Pontiac Community Foundation
Conversation 3: Small Business & Entrepreneurship | May 27, 2021 | 4:30pm – 5:30pm
During this conversation, we will discuss the value of small business and entrepreneurship, how we can best support our community entrepreneurs and build a thriving small business network.
Featured speakers to be announced
- Albion Economic Development Corporation
- Dr. Vicki Baker, Director of Albion College Community Collaborative
- Regina Ann Campbell, President & CEO of Build Insitute